Kheer is a very popular and traditional South Asian sweet dish. The Kheer Recipe described below is very easy to follow. Kheer is generally made by boiling rice with milk and sugar. It is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, pistachios or almonds.
Kheer is also sometimes referred to as Rice Pudding, Payaam or Payasa. So if you ever wanted to learn how to make Kheer than follow this easy Kheer Recipe.
* 1 cup Basmati Rice
* 1 cup Condensed Milk
* 1/2 cup Sugar
* 1 tbspn Raisins
* 1 tbspn of dry roasted pieces of Pistachios nut.
* 1 tbspn of roasted cashews or almonds are optional
* 1 tsp of finely ground Elaichi seeds (cardamom)
- Boil the rice in the milk on a medium flame until the rice is cooked.
- Keep stirring frequently to avoid burninig the milk at the bottom of the vessel.
- Add the Condensed milk, sugar, raisins, and nuts and almonds.
- Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- Add the cardamom and serve hot.